Frequently Asked Questions
What is Henderson Pride Fest?
Henderson Pride Fest is an Nevada based nonprofit agency that celebrates and promotes the history, courage, diversity, and future prosperity of the Henderson LGBTQ+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Queer) community through its community events. The long-term vision of the organization is to increase world awareness of the LGBTQ+ community to eliminate homophobia, transphobia and discrimination.
What is the Henderson Pride Fest & Parade?
The Henderson Pride Fest is an annual celebratory and educational event commemorating the “Stonewall Riots”, acknowledged as the beginning of the modern gay rights movement. (While the riots first occurred in June of 1969, and while many communities across the world annually celebrate Pride celebrations or “Pride” in June, the Henderson community. The Fest & Parade Celebration (collectively the Parade, 2-Day Festival) brings the entire local LGBT community together to celebrate openly and proudly with the greater public.
Friday June 10th Fest is 5pm to 10pm, Parade is 7-9pm. Saturday June 11th Fest is 11am to 10pm.
Traveling from out of town? No Problem! We are currently working on a few options. Visit back soon to find out more about the Host Hotels. Hotel rooms will be offered at a Pride Discounted rate. Please call the hotel directly to arrange your reservation. A special rate will be launched soon!
Need cash? No Problem. There will be a ATM at the event and along Water Street at various business. Most vendors at the Fest on Friday and Saturday will accept Cash or Credit. Bars and food will accept Cash or Credit.
All VIP tickets can be bought the day of the event. For the Drag-O-Palooza Brunch / Pool Party, we do ask to buy tickets ahead of time so we can have the correct amount of seating and tables. VIP Tickets will be $65.00 and includes drink tickets and special seating areas at stages. Meet and Greet, VIP Bags and more.
ENTRY & SECURITY:
We ask that everyone party responsible. We will not allow fighting or bullying. At the fest on Friday and Saturday, there will be certain entrance and exit points.
Cocktails will be served along with nonalcoholic beverages at all events during the weekend Pride Fest. 21 and over to drink, and please drink responsibly.
Rain, Snow, Hail or rain storm, the show must go on!
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Any weapon, or item that could be used as a weapon, excluding umbrellas
- Any chemicals, poisons, and/or hazardous materials
- Any alcoholic beverages
- Any glass bottles
- Any food and drink, with the exception of one UNOPENED bottle of water, any size. EMPTY reusable bottles are permitted.
- Pets or animals, other than service assistant animals, or a vendor “Rescue Organization” that has a booth at the Festival.
- Any drugs, other than prescription or consumer products in their original containers. You may not smoke cannabis in a public place even with a medical marijuana card per state law.
- Skateboards or roller blades
- Any tasers
- Any explosive devices
- Any incendiary devices
- Any Hydration Backpacks or Packs
- No coolers
- Any other items that security determines will or could have an adverse effect on the event.
- We ask that NO GLITTER, glitter is pretty and nice, but it makes for a disaster on the floors and walls. We ask that you come with little glitter on. We will not allow anyone to be putting glitter on in the bathrooms or at the events.
This event is smoke and Vape FREE, all smoking and Vaping will need to be conducted outside of the Fest Grounds. Cannabis Smoking will also not be allowed within Fest Grounds.
LOST & FOUND
Lost items can be picked up at the PRIDE INFORMATION booth located near the main entrances. After the event, you can contact Henderson Pride Fest at Info@HendersonEqualityCenter.org
2022 Henderson Pride Fest Sponsors
Host Hotel Sponsor