Henderson Equality Center will be opening tomorrow, June 8th. The office will be open from 10:00 – 4:00 PM, Saturday from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Sunday we will be closed. During this soft opening of the new office, we will have limited hours while we are organizing and growing into the new space.
Over the last two months staff of the center have been preparing the office to be an amazing addition to the area and safe space for our LGBTQ community and allies. At the time of planning and designing the new office, we never would have thought Covid-19 would have shut the world down. As we know this virus is not fully over, we want to make sure we stay healthy and visitors to the new center are safe while we ahear to state guidelines put in place.
Public health experts tell us that it will take some time for life to return to a sense of normalcy. We cannot stop enjoying life until then. What we can do, is take what we know now about the virus and give people the tools they need to be safe and responsible and create environments designed to curb its spread.
- Our staff will be cleaning and sanitizing frequently visited areas within the office during the day.
- We ask and encourage all visitors to the center to wear face coverings, if you do not have a face covering we will have them at the front desk.
- Staff will be wearing face mask while working at the center.
- Physical distancing will be practiced throughout the center, including distancing between computers in the computer lab and in conference rooms.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the front desk and throughout the office.
- Staff presenting any signs of illness, fever or flu like symptoms will not be able to work or volunteer until they have been cleared of all symptoms and is safe for them to return back to the office.
- Any visitors showing medical symptoms, such as fever, or Covid-19 symptoms will be asked to leave and return when they are no longer exhibiting symptoms.
If you are looking to book a room for space for a conference or a group gathering, please contact the Henderson Equality Center so we can try to accommodate as best as possible, the front desk phone number is – 855-955-5428, option 0.
We are excited about opening up the 1st LGBTQ office in Henderson and we hope you are too!
Thank you from all of us here at Henderson Equality Center!